Monday, February 18, 2013

How does her garden grow?

A couple of weeks ago I started a little herb garden in an egg carton. And this week, I started seeing a few sprouts in it. The bad part is that Maddy started seeing a few sprouts in it too. Not necessarily a bad thing, but she wants to touch it and play in the dirt and help the garden grow.



 So Maddy and I took an avacado pit that I had been saving and planted it in the mason jar, but she couldn't figure out why it doesn't have any dirt in it, so she kept taking dirt from the egg carton and putting it in the mason jar and I just kept thinking, "Oh my gosh, my little sprouts are toast!"


So now, Maddy and I are going plant hunting. We used a mason jar left over from the luminaries for the pot and Maddy filled it with dirt.


Then we looked around the yard for some plants. Amazingly enough there was some green onions in the front yard that were still green in spite of the weather. I'm hoping they are as hardy as they seem. We had to dig them out of ground that was frozen solid and try to transplant them. We got them in the house though.


And, Maddy got them watered... Now they just have to survive her.

We did take a break from all the planting though to enjoy the beautiful weather. It's got to be in the 50's today. Maddy and dogcycle had some fun playing in the puddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment