Monday, January 18, 2010

The Many Hats of Madelyne

We had to take Madelyne out on Saturday to get her bilirubin levels checked since she was a little high when we left the hospital on Friday. I don't know what I was thinking. Her appointment was at 10:00. Ash and I woke up at 9:30 and usually bili-checks take all of 5 minutes. So I dressed her quick and all her clothes are huge on her, so she had a pair of soft pink pants on that came up to her arm pits and covered her feet. She was swimming in her onesy and the hat I put on her was just not the right size. And, I forgot to put socks on her because you couldn't see her feet anyways. They were not very impressed when we got to the OB department and we ended up having to stay for an hour and a half because her bilirubin was still high and they had to draw blood and we had to wait for lab work and then the on-call pediatrician. We hadn't even brought an extra diaper or anything because I thought it was just going to be a quick in-and-out thing. Guess I know better now! I blame the Percocet I've been taking. After that, I called mom. I have a mother that knits. There is no reason that her hat should be covering her whole head! So Madelyne went from this:



(Ash says she is making a stink-face here)

To this:



And this:



And life was much better!!

2 comments:

  1. You guys did good:) She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash was right. Complete stink face. She hated that hat. Fashion queen in the making.

    ReplyDelete