Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Face of Evil



Now, I know what you're thinking. How could this sweet little picture of a precious baby sleeping on a dead sheep represent the face of evil? Well, let me tell you about a little night owl baby.

This is the story of a little baby that sleeps all day, which is good for her mommy, but when night rolls around, she changes. That's right, like a werewolf. She turns from the nice, sweet, sleepy baby that I know and love, to an upset, crying baby that her daddy gets to take care of all night. So, being the nice mommy that I am, I've been trying to keep her up during the day more, so she will sleep more at night. But, let me tell you about a naughty little baby that doesn't like to stay up. Sometimes, she expresses her dislike by crying. Sometimes, she will just pass out regardless of what position she is in.

This afternoon was one of the latter. I had her up and I was carrying her and dancing with her and talking and that baby just passed out in my arms. "Well, I'll show her," I thought. I put her on her lovely new dead sheep from her Aunt Sarah. She'll get some tummy time, and wake up, and thrive. Well, let me tell you what that bad baby did. Not only did she not thrive, but she didn't even wake up. That's right, she kept right on sleeping with a nose full of dead sheep. Poor daddy. No quiet night for him.

3 comments:

  1. "with her nose full of dead sheep" hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rory was a night owl when he was a newborn, thankfully he "Grew out of it" in a few weeks time! Hopefully your beautiful Maddy will do the same. Poor Ash! ~~Aunt Kathy~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I am so happy that Maddy loves her dead sheep. It makes her Auntie so happy! Sarah

    ReplyDelete