Monday, June 21, 2010

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Baby's have all the neat toys now. The latest thing that everyone told me was absolutely necessary was a nifty little thing that you use for teething.



It's basically a mesh bag with a handle on it. What you do is you open the top and you drop frozen fruit into it. The baby can then chew on the mesh bag and it's cold so it soothes their gums, plus there's the added bonus of getting little pieces of fruit when you chew. It's basically like a Kong for babies.

Now Kongs are a great thing. You fill them with peanut butter and they keep a dog entertained for hours! The only draw back is that dogs aren't very neat and while they enjoy their peanut buttery treat, you end up with peanut butter ground into your living room rug.

So knowing how a Kong works, I decided to take some precautions. I put Maddy on a quilt I knew I could easily wash to keep her localized. I took off all her clothes and kept a wet wash cloth handy. Maddy had a great time.



Thank goodness for precautions. Maybe next time I should try something other than blueberries.

3 comments:

  1. who knew they made Kongs for babies? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm glad she likes that thing! Lily's favorites were frozen banana (the pointy ends work best) and cantaloupe. Added bonus - they're not very stain-inducing. Happy mommy-ing!

    ReplyDelete