Sunday, September 19, 2010

Picky little bad baby

Maddy is a good eater. She always has been. She will eat any baby food that I buy at the store and put in her mouth. She eats peas, bananas, applesauce, carrots, and sweet potatoes. She loves sweet potatoes. Now, the ingredient list on a jar of sweet potatoes consists of water and sweet potatoes. Simple, right?

Well, I got a new blender for my birthday and figured I could totally make that at home. So, I peeled and cut up some sweet potatoes. I steamed them and then put them in a blender with some water. I blended them to baby food consistency. Afterwards, I put them in baby food jars, let them cool and fed them to Maddy for lunch. This was Maddy's reaction...



What the heck? How did she even know? She's so weird.

Also, the other day, Maddy was sitting across the living from me. It was evening and she was playing with the DVD cases. So I started picking up a little bit around where I was sitting. I cleaned up the coffee table and put the lid back on the cereal bits. I was holding the jar in my lap when Maddy turned around and looked at me and started crawling toward me!! I was so excited. I had been trying to get her to crawl toward me all day and she just wasn't interested and now she was actually doing it. Then I realized she wasn't actually looking at me. She was looking at the jar of cereal bits in my hand and she was crawling fast. When she got to me she only looked at me once she had her hand on the cereal bits as if to say, "Aren't you proud, mommy? I need a reward."

3 comments:

  1. That sweet potatoes video cracks me up every time I watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are ruining that baby's life with your healthy home cooked meals. I am buying her some french fries from Mcdonalds when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here's the secret about sweet potatoes: bake them. You cut them in half, put them cut side on a cookie sheet, and bake then at 450 for 45 minutes. Then you can just squeeze them out of the skin and enjoy them. I don't know what they're like boiled but I bet they don't have as much flavor. My boys (both of them) love baked sweet potatoes and they come out of the skin in puree form already.

    Also, that video is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete