Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A determined 6 year-old

I came home from work today to see a big pile of snow in the middle of our front yard, a snow shovel, and most of the grass uncovered. Apparently, Maddy had decided she was going to make a snow pile, so she had taken the shovel off the porch and started shoveling. She cleared most of the yard down to the grass and pushed it into a big pile. When I got home from work, she showed it off.






I said, "Wow! Did you do that all by yourself?" Partly because I was amazed she stayed focused on one task for that long and partly because, that's a lot of work!!

Her response: Yeah! I'm a big girl. I'm six.

So apparently, Maddy is a big girl and tomorrow, she plans to move the pile from the middle of our yard to the side of the road so she can add it to the other pile next to the road and make one big pile. More power to you, Maddy.

1 comment:

  1. She can shovel snow AND make eggs! This is why we have children! Teach her to do laundry, and you have it made.

    ReplyDelete