Saturday, February 13, 2016

And then there was cake

So today we made the cake for Ash's birthday since I had to work yesterday and there just wasn't enough time to make it. Maddy helped out... well, she helped put the ingredients in the mixer and then decided she was hungry and wandered off to make herself an egg.

I was really impressed. I didn't say anything. I just let her do her thing to see what she would do and she made a beautiful scrambled egg all by herself with only a little help getting it out of the hot pan. She was pretty proud of herself too. So proud, in fact, that she made another one and ate that too.

We finally got the cake done this evening. It was a specialty cake. It was supposed to look something like this.


This is what the cake actually looked like. I am trying not to feel too disappointed.


Maddy enjoyed it though and so did Ash, which I guess is really all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment