Sunday, June 5, 2016

Maddy and the dog

It was not terribly warm out today, but Maddy was determined to go outside and play in the hose. She took Oakley with her.





While Maddy was out playing in the yard, Ash and I ended up rearranging mom and dad's living room. I looked out the window after Maddy had been outside playing for a while and saw her trying to unchain the dog. I experienced a moment of terror as I envisioned a soaking wet dog knocking Maddy over and racing free across the neighborhood while I had to chase her, so I stopped Maddy and asked her what she needed. She said, "I'm cold. I want to come in." I told her to just come in and Oakley would be fine. She looked at me a little sadly and said, "Oakley is cold too," and then patted the dog reassuringly like, it's OK girl - you're coming with me.

Oakley came in alright. And shook all over the newly arranged living room. We did manage to towel dry a lot of it off her first though.

The living room looks pretty nice now.


1 comment:

  1. It's really nice and we're very happy with it! Now let's buy Maddy a bathing suit that fits.

    ReplyDelete