Thursday, September 22, 2016

All About Maddy

 I am seriously loving going to Girl Scout meetings with Maddy. I love just sitting in the back of the room and watching her interact with the other girls. I am always amazed at how much she is growing up and I love her responses to some things.

In her troop, there are two girls named Maddy, so last week they told my Maddy that they should call her something else so they wouldn't get the two girls confused. My Maddy was like, oh you should call me Skittles because that is what my mom calls me. They looked at her kind of funny and asked why I call her that and I was totally ready to jump in with an explanation, but Maddy just smiled and said, "It's because I am fast." That's true. She always seems to skitter across the floor at top speed and so I call her Skittles. The girls all loved it though and, this week, they were all calling her Skittles.

Tonight for Girl Scouts, Maddy had to bring 3 things that represent her. It was cool watching her think about things that she loves and would want to show to other people. She ended up going with a puppet, a bag of Skittles, and a swing. We all know how much she loves to swing. The trick was finding small items though. The puppets are small and we found fun size bags of Skittles, but I could not figure out how to do the swing. I finally just put Ash and Maddy in charge of that while I went to work this afternoon.

This is what they came up with...


So Skittles was a hit tonight at Girl Scouts with her puppet sized swing set and her bags of Skittles that she handed out to everyone and she came home completely jazzed and talking a mile a minute. I am so glad she is having fun.

1 comment: