Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Maddy Marching

Maddy's Girl Scout troop marched in the Homecoming Parade tonight. Maddy has been looking forward to marching in the parade for the last week. I could not imagine why. To me it just sounded like a lot of walking, but in Maddy's mind it was a magical experience that involved candy.

I half expected that I would end up having to carry Maddy through the parade, but I was wrong. Their leader had decorated a wagon for their troop and filled it with candy for the girls to throw and those girls threw candy like anything. They even occasionally had to be reminded to throw it gently. It was hilarious watching Maddy scamper from one side of the street to the other, tossing candy at everyone she could see. It didn't matter if you were old or young or not even watching the parade. Maddy would throw candy at you. Here's a few pictures that I took.



Maddy's leaders are brilliant. At the end of the parade, each girl received a bag with their own candy and a patch. Maddy was the happiest girl ever!

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to watch the parade! I'm glad Maddy had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! hope they enjoyed the parade.

    check us out (: http://meowheyandcatlin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete